How to request SBI Cheque Book through SMS
State Bank Of India’s customers has now been given the facility to request Cheque Book through SMS. In order to do so, one just has to send an SMS from their registered mobile number to apply for the cheque book. All this can now be done without visiting the bank branch. SBI SMS Banking facility available for all customers to access various services without bank visits. You just need to register your mobile number with Bank.
SBI customers can also use net banking using Id and Password and mobile banking online facility to order new Cheque Book. If you don’t have an online banking facility then the SMS based facility will help you to request a cheque book. Prerequisites for SBI cheque books involve the correct address registered in the bank prior to applying for the cheque book. If you want to change to address, then read how to change the address in sbi account guide.
Once the mobile number registered is with your account, you can just send an SMS from your registered mobile number to order the chequebook. Follow the steps given below to do so –
- Register your account for Quick Banking SMS based banking facility.
- Send below SMS from your registered number.
- Send this message to 09223488888 (e.g: REG 30181234646)
- You will receive a successful registration SMS.
Once done, customers can request a new Chequebook by sending SMS. To request new Cheque Book just send SMS in below format:-
- Type “CHQREQ”
- Send this message to 09223588888
- You will receive an SMS to confirm your request.
- Once done, send confirmation SMS to 09223588888 (e.g: CHQACC Y 635663)
- Your Cheque Book request submitted successfully. It will be delivered at your registered address within 10 days via courier.
SBI Cheque Book Status Enquiry
- Once the request for SBI Cheque book request is made, it is dispatched within 3 working days from the date of request.
- After the Cheque book is dispatched, a message with speed post or tracking number or details of the courier will be sent to you.
- Customers can then track the dispatch status easily on Indian Postal or that courier website.
Users can track their Cheque books through internet banking if you applied through internet banking. The customers can also contact SBI customer care.