Privacy and Safety of a bank account when compromised, can cause great financial loss to the account holder. If there seems to be happening an unknown transfer of money the doubt of account being hacked can be real. One can also suspect this to happen if the user loses his/her card. To avoid such circumstances, Punjab National Bank provides its customer with ways to tackle such a situation in the absence of access to bank authorities. The account holder is expected to firstly block PNB ATM/Debit Card immediately in such cases. To do so PNB has provided its customers with internet banking facility, SMS Service, and customer care unit number.
How to Block PNB ATM Card Online?
This can be done in the case of an inability to make a call to the bank or being an account holder of multiple bank accounts at PNB. Customers can block their ATM cards on their own using through the means of internet banking. To avail of this facility, account holders are required to have an active internet banking account.
Block PNB ATM/Debit card Through Internet Banking
- Visit Punjab National Bank’s official website.
- Select Personal Banking Account
- Log in using your Punjab National Bank internet banking username and password.
- Select your choice of language. Click the sign-in button.
- Click on the “value-added services” button visible on the top bar of the screen.
- Select “debit card hotlisting” from the drop-down menu.
- In case of being an account holder of multiple accounts with Punjab Nation Bank. Select a particular debit card that you wish to block.
- Click Continue
- An OTP will be received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP. Click Confirm
- Once done, the PNB ATM/Debit card will be blocked.
Block PNB ATM/Debit card Through SMS
To Block PNB ATM/Debit card Through SMS, it is important to have a registered mobile number.
- Bank holders are merely required to send an SMS drafted as such
‘HOT<space>CARD NUMBER’ and send the message to 5607040To be sent from registered mobile number
- Once the message received the bank will immediately take action and blocks the customer’s PNB debit card.
- An intimation message of the same will be sent to the account holder.
Block PNB ATM/Debit card Through PNB Customer Care Unit
PNB debit cards can also be blocked by calling these official customer care unit numbers.
|Punjab National Bank toll-free number||1800 180 2222 or 1800 103 2222|
|Punjab National Bank helpline number||0120-2490000|
|ATM switch direct call||011-23319972|
The call will be answered by the PNB customer care executive. Account-holders can then shared the details of the ATM/debit card. Questions regarding bank account details will be asked to validate the authenticity of the call. Once done, the card will be processed and blocked immediately. A confirmation message will be sent regarding the same to the account holder.