What to do when your SBI debit card is lost or stolen? You should immediately get in touch with your bank and get your card blocked as soon as possible. To save your time we have listed down 4 ways to block your SBI debit card.
How to Block SBI Debit Card?
By Sending an SMS
You can easily block your SBI debit card by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
SMS ‘BLOCK<space>ABCD’ to 567676 from your registered mobile number.Here A,B,C,D are the last 4 digits of your SBI Debit card.
Wait for a confirmation message from the bank.
By Using Mobile Banking
- Login to your SBI mobile banking account.
- Navigate ‘Services>Debit Card Hotlisting‘.
- Choose the account that is associated with your debit card.
- Select the card that you want to block. You will only be shown only the first and last four digits of your card.
- Select the reasons for blocking your card. There are only two options “Lost” or “Stolen“.
- Enter OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number and you will receive confirmation of successfully blocking your card.
By Using Net Banking
- Login to onlinesbi.com with your SBI net banking username and password.
- Navigate to ‘ATM Card Services>Block ATM Card” link under the “e-Services‘
- Select your bank account that you want to operate.
- You will see a list of all active/blocked cards issued with that account. Select the card you wish to block from the list.
- Click on submit and verify details to confirm.
- Select your preferred mode of authentication and verify it’s you.
- A success message will be shown with your ticket number. Note down this number for future reference.
By a Phone Call
If you have lost your SBI debit card then you can simply contact SBI customer care number to get your card blocked temporarily/permanently. Follow these steps to get your debit card blocked by calling SBI customer care.
SBI Atm Card Block Number
- Call on SBI ATM card block number 18004253800 or 1800112211.
- Follow options given by IVR and talk to the customer care representative.
- Verify your identity and request them to temporarily block your SBI card.
You can launch a complaint if your card is stolen and submit a copy in your nearest SBI branch. Your card will be blocked in no time.
If you remember the last four digits of your card then it’s possible. If you have only one debit card issued on your bank account then you won’t face any problem. You will only see one card, Simply select it.
The same way you temporarily block your card you can activate it again.