Visits to banks usually turn one trip success if you know the right working hours and your way around them. Therefore, Canara Bank provides its customers with Canara Bank Timings – slots for lunch hours, NEFT transactions, and most importantly the hours of Canara bank during the COVID-19.
Canara Bank Timings – Working hours of the Bank
|Monday to Friday||10:00 am to 3:30 pm|
|1st, 3rd & 5th Saturdays of every month||10:00 am to 3:30 pm|
|2nd & 4th Saturdays of every month||Official week-off|
Apart from the bank’s usual working days, the government holidays are the gazetted holidays for the banks.
Lunch hours of the bank
To serve the customers at best, the employees’ lunch session is rotational in Canara Bank. Generally, it is done between 01:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Hours for NEFT & RTGS transactions
- For NEFT, the bank can allow transactions from 08:00 am to 07:00 pm except for the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month. The NEFTs executed after 07:00 pm will be processed on the next NEFT working day.
- For RTGS, the bank allows the transactions from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm except for the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month. The RGTS executed after 06:00 pm will stand rejected the same day as per the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India.
Canara Bank Timings during the COVID-19 Pandemic
During the days of this global pandemic, some banks decided to be extremely precautious and adhere to social distancing at their best. Canara Bank also took a step forward and made certain changes in their usual timings.
The timings for working, lunch, NEFT & RTGS during COVID-19 are as follows-
- The working hours are usual as they were prior to the pandemic i.e from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
- The lunch hours will be usual, rotational and from 01:00 pm to 02:00 pm
- RTGS will be done only from Monday to Friday and the timings will be 07:00 am to 06:00 pm
- NEFT timings are slightly changed as from Monday to Friday it will be carried from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. And on 1st, 3rd & 5th Saturday, it will be done in between 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Canara bank recommends the account holders to perform NEFTs through net banking. The Bank has decided to not charge any fees on NEFTs until further notice
The banks have given due concern to the working staff and allowed only 15% of the employees to be present and working in a day. Also, it has suspended the services that are non-essential during this time like passbook filing, exchanging notes, etc. All this has been done to encourage the use of internet banking, reducing the crowd in the bank.