Central bank of India is a public sector bank that provides online services to its customers. The bank assigns a unique number called a CIF number. The number is used to identify the customer and its accounts under the central bank branches if the customer holds multiple accounts like a savings account, deposits, loan account, Demat account, etc.
There are certain services for which a CIF number is required. The absence of it can cause the unavailability of some online and offline services. Here’s a guide to finding the CIF number.
What is the Central Bank of India, CIF number?
- 1 What is the Central Bank of India, CIF number?
- 2 When is the Central Bank of India, CIF number required?
- 3 How to Get CIF Number Online and Offline?
- CIF stands for Customer Information File.
- The CIF number is assigned to all the account holders.
- CIF number is an 11 digit number.
- The bank can see all the account data just by entering the special CIF number assigned to account-holders.
When is the Central Bank of India, CIF number required?
- CBI Internet Banking Registration.
- Transfer of Bank account from one bank to another.
How to Get CIF Number Online and Offline?
- Account Statement
- Contact Customer Care
- Cheque Booklet Front Page
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Application – Cent-mPassbook
Method 1 – Get CIF Number Using Passbook
Passbook has the CIF number printed on the first page.
Method 2 – Get the CIF Number in the Account Statement.
The Central Bank of India account statement has the CIF number printed on the very first page of the statement.
Method 4 – Central Bank of India CIF Number by Contacting the Customer Care
The account-holders can contact the Central Bank of India Customer Care to get the CIF number.
Customer Care Number – 1800221911
The customer care person will ask for the account number and the reason to know the CIF number. The executive will the CID number associated with the number.
Method 5 – Internet Banking to know CIF Number
To use this service, log in with the User ID and password on the CBI internet banking portal.
After login, CIF number will appear beside the name of the account-holder.
Method 6 – Cent mPassbook Mobile Application to know CIF number
- Download the Cent mPassbook application.
- Login with User ID and password.
- On the menu click on User Profile.
- The CIF number will appear on the screen.