Axis bank provides easy features to change the registered mobile number associated with your account. It is important because this number is used for your OTP, transaction alerts, and other important messages from the bank. There are three different ways of doing the same, which include Internet Banking, through ATM, and through your nearest branch. Let us walk through the steps to complete the process.
How to Change Mobile Number in Axis Bank Online
Here are detailed steps about how to change mobile number in Axis Bank through an online process.
- Visit the Internet Banking portal of the Axis Bank. The banking portal is ‘https://retail.axisbank.co.in/’
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter your details for logging into your account.
- Now, click on the tab ‘update personal details.’
- Further, click on the tab ‘contact number.’
- You will be asked to enter your new mobile number that you want to update.
- The bank will send an OTP number to your new mobile number.
- You would be required to enter the OTP in the box provided.
How To Change Mobile Number In Axis Bank Through ATM
In addition to the Internet banking portal, you can also make use of an ATM to change your registered mobile number. Here are the steps to help you understand how to change the registered mobile number in Axis Bank.
- Go to the nearest Axis Bank ATM.
- Insert your card in the machine.
- Select a service – click on registration.
- Enter your pin.
- Select a service – select mobile number update.
- Select your account type – select savings.
- The screen will show a message – “Your acc no. XXXXXXXX is already registered with Axis bank would you like to update your number now?”
- Select update.
- Now enter 10 digits mobile number then select continue.
- Re-enter 10 digits mobile number and click on continue.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen.
How To Change Mobile Number Through Axis Bank Branch
One of the oldest ways to change and update your registered mobile number is through the bank branch. Here are the steps for doing so:
- Visit the nearest Axis Bank branch and approach the helpdesk.
- Ask for a KYC update form, which will contain all the details which you want to update.
- Enter your updated mobile number in the form.
- Sign this form and submit duly.
- After submitting the form, it will take 3 working days for the bank to update the new mobile number in their system and link it to your account.
Axis Bank mobile number update is imperative for many reasons.