Axis bank provides easy features to change the registered mobile number associated with your account. It is important because this number is used for your OTP, transaction alerts, and other important messages from the bank. There are three different ways of doing the same, which include Internet Banking, through ATM, and through your nearest branch. Let us walk through the steps to complete the process.
How to Change Mobile Number in Axis Bank Online
Here are detailed steps about how to change mobile number in Axis Bank through an online process.
- Visit the Internet Banking portal of the Axis Bank. The banking portal is ‘https://retail.axisbank.co.in/’
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter your details for logging into your account.
- Now, click on the tab ‘update personal details.’
- Further, click on the tab ‘contact number.’
- You will be asked to enter your new mobile number that you want to update.
- The bank will send an OTP number to your new mobile number.
- You would be required to enter the OTP in the box provided.
How To Change Mobile Number In Axis Bank Through ATM
In addition to the Internet banking portal, you can also make use of an ATM to change your registered mobile number. Here are the steps to help you understand how to change the registered mobile number in Axis Bank.
- Visit the nearest ATM of the Axis Bank.
- Insert your card in the machine and, when asked, enter your ATM PIN.
- You will get a menu options list on the screen.
- Now, click on the option ‘Registration’ on the list.
- You will see an option of ‘Change Mobile Number’ when you click on the ‘Registration’ option.
- The screen will display a message, “A/C no. XXXXXXXX is registered with mobile 9812345678 do you want to update?.”
- Further, click the ‘Update’ option on the ATM screen.
- You will be asked to enter your mobile number, which you can enter using the ATM keypad.
- Once you have entered the number on the screen, select the option of ‘Confirm.’
- On the next screen, you would be asked to enter your updated mobile number in order to confirm and select the ‘Update’ option.
How To Change Mobile Number Through Axis Bank Branch
One of the oldest ways to change and update your registered mobile number is through the bank branch. Here are the steps for doing so:
- Visit the nearest Axis Bank branch and approach the helpdesk.
- Ask for a KYC update form, which will contain all the details which you want to update.
- Enter your updated mobile number in the form.
- Sign this form and submit duly.
- After submitting the form, it will take 3 working days for the bank to update the new mobile number in their system and link it to your account.
Axis Bank mobile number update is imperative for many reasons.