Closing of bank accounts cannot be done online unlike opening a bank account. For once, the account holder needs to visit the home branch of their respective bank. In order to close Canara Bank account, a completely manual process has to be followed depending on the type of account can be any- savings, current, etc.
Steps To Close a Canara Bank Account
- Visit your respective account’s Canara bank branch and collect the account closing application form.
- Fill up the form, providing all the details including your name, account number, and other services that Canara Bank has rendered to your account, etc.
- After filling the details, undersign the application form with your authorized signature in the bank.
- Attach all the required documents mentioned with the account closing application form.
- Submit all the documents and the application form to the branch officials. Ask them to close your Canara bank account
- The officials may ask you for original documents like the address proof or identity proof to cross verify. Therefore, it is suggested to carry the original documents with you as well
- The bank official will ask you to submit all kinds of means of account access like your passbook, ATM cards, Debit or Credit Cards, Passwords & ID of Net Banking, etc associated with your Canara bank account.
- Any debits or credits left over will also be settled by the bank officials.
- In case of failure to maintain a minimum monthly average balance or having balance less than the required minimum, a non- maintenance fine amount will have to be deposited.
- Opt for the mode in which you want to receive the remaining money from the bank. It can be
- Demand draft
- Transfer to another account, etc.
- Your balance will be transferred in one or two days followed by the closure of your Canara bank account
Though the manual process consumes a bit of time, an eye to details and following the process thoroughly is important. Cooperation and patience are much necessary with the bank procedure to close your account and have a smooth and hassle-free experience.
How to Close a Canara Bank Account Online
In order to close a Canara Bank account, it is necessary to make a physical request. Unlike the process of opening a bank account that requires identification and address proof, the closing of the bank account cannot be done online due to security purposes. The process will require a minimum of one trip to be taken to the bank in order to deposit debit cards, credit cards, checkbooks, and passbooks that were issued in association with the closing bank account earlier.
A complete process of closing a Canara Bank Account Online is not available, but in case of emergency account holder’s can contact the branch manager for an alternative solution.