SBI Internet banking provides a lot of facilities like, register a mobile number, change the account address, add beneficiaries, etc. The change of name is not possible on SBI internet banking. To change the name, the account holder needs to follow the given steps.
Things Required to Change Name of The Bank Account
Change of account name means the name will be updated in the account passbook and all the required places. It will require all the necessary documents :
- Document related to the name. If it’s due to marriage, then a marriage certificate or any legal document that states the reason for the change of name.
- Sometimes the bank may ask for a Change of Name Newspaper Publication.
- Bank passbook, national identity cards like Aadhaar card, PAN Card, Passport with. Updated name details. ( If the name is not changed in these cards then it’ll be very difficult to change the bank account name).
How to Change Name in SBI Bank Account
- Go to the nearest SBI branch.
- Write an application to the manager for Name Change in SBI Bank Account. Attach all the necessary documents and information needed with the form. Carry all the originals and copies of those documents.
- Fill the Change/ Modification Request Form. Download the form from SBI official website and carry it to the branch – https://www.onlinesbi.com.
- Attach all the documents and submit the application to the bank executive. Make sure the executive validates the documents.
- The process of change of account name will some days. The bank will update for the same
- As soon as the name updates link the bank account with PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.