The CIF or the Customer Information File is a number that is assigned by every bank to its customers. The number is used to identify the customer and its accounts under the central bank branches if the customer holds multiple accounts like a savings account, deposits, loan account, Demat account, etc.
In SBI it is an 11-digit code that stores all the information about a customer’s personal and account information. This information includes:
- Account ownership information
- Credit relationships
- All types of accounts held by the customer
- Customer’s loans
- Demat Account
- KYC information like address, identification information, photo ID, etc.
Get CIF Number Using Passbook
The CIF Number is printed on the first page of the SBI Passbook.
State Bank of India CIF Number by Contacting the Customer Care
To get the CIF Number to contact the State Bank of India Customer Care service.
Toll-free number – 1800-11-2211 or 1800-425-3800
- The customer service will send a message with a case number and a number.
- The customer care service will call from the same number as mentioned in the message.
- They will call back, and will confirm some account-related information with the customer and will then tell the CIF number.
- Do not share confidential information like OTP, PIN, password, etc.
Internet Banking to know CIF Number
- Go to the SBI internet banking official site.
- Login with user ID and password.
- Click on ‘View Nomination and PAN number’
- On the next screen, the CIF number will be displayed beside the account number.
How to Get the CIF Number Through an Account Statement.
- Go to the SBI internet banking official site, log in with your user ID and password.
- Then under the ‘Quick Links’ click on ‘Account Statements’.
- The account statement will be displayed on the screen.
- Then under the ‘Statement option for the statement period’, click on the last 6 months.
- Click the ‘View’ option and click on ‘Go’.
- On the next screen, a table will appear with the CIF Number also mentioned.
SBI Yono Mobile Application to know CIF number
- Go to the Yono application.
- On the user interface, click on ‘Services’.
- On the next screen click on ‘Online nomination’.
- Select the account type.
- Select the account number.
- The CIF number will appear just below the Account number.
The CIF number is used to identify the customer and the IFSC code is used to identify the bank branch where the customer has an account.
The CIF number is mentioned on the first page of the passbook. The customer can also get the CIF number by contacting the customer care service mentioned above in this article. The customer can also visit the nearest bank branch and ask for the CIF number from the concerned desk.
The State Bank of India cheque book does not have the CIF number mentioned on it.