Kotak Mahindra Bank gives their users a CRN or the Customer relationship Number that is also called the CIF (Customer Information File) number. It is a unique number given to every account holder. It helps in identifying the customer and their banking data. Whenever a customer opens an account in Kotak Mahindra or Kotak 811, they are provided with a welcome kit that also carries the CRN number.
How to Get CIF Number Through Cheque Book
The CRN or the CIF number is mentioned on the very first page of the cheque book.
How to Get CIF Number Through SMS
- The customer can get the CIF number also called the CRN via SMS service.
- Type CRN and send it to 9971056767 or 5676788 from the registered mobile number.
- The customer will receive the CIF or CRN number via SMS.
This method is applicable to Kotak 811 customers also.
How to Get CIF Number Through Mobile Application
- Go to the Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking Application.
- Click on login.
- Then click on ‘Forgot MPIN’.
- It will be redirected to another where you can see your CRN number.
This is applicable to first-time application users only.
Find CIF Number in Debit/Credit Card
The CIF number is mentioned in the Kotak Mahindra Debit/ Credit Card right below the name of the user.