UAN is Universal Account Number that is given to every employer contributing EPF ( Employer Provident Fund). This article discusses the various methods to get UAN in case the owner of the number forgets it.
Every time a person changes his/her job, the EPFO (Employer Provident Fund Organisation) allots a new member ID. The number allotted to a person remains the same irrespective of the of jobs one changes.
It facilitates the process of closing an old account and transferring the remaining Balance. If a person forgets the number, the UAN portal is the place to recover the number.
Recover Forgot UAN Number from the Portal Online
- Go to the UAN portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Click on Know Your “UAN Status” in the Right Corner of the Web Page.
- On the Next Page, the portal will ask to enter the Mobile Number and Captcha.
- The registered mobile number will receive an OTP.
- There are three ways to get the number. It can be through Member ID, Aadhar Number, or PAN.
- Fill in all the details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Captcha, and then click on “Get Authentication”.
- The registered mobile number will receive an OTP. Fill in the OTP Pin and click on “Validate OTP”.
- The registered mobile number will receive the number.
Get UAN By Giving a Missed Call
- From the registered mobile give a missed call on 01122901406.
- Get the UAN.
- Just in case UAN is not activated with a mobile number, follow this link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface