To prevent unauthorised access to anyone’s bank account ATM debit cards are no longer provided with any set PIN. New debit cards have to be activated first by generating a Green Pin (also known as soft pin) and setting a permanent pin for your ATM transactions.
How to generate Green Pin for SBI Debit Card?
Using Text Message
SBI Debit card can easily be generated by sending a text message from your registered mobile number.
- Send SMS “PIN XXXX YYYY” to 567676 here XXXX are the last four digits of your Debit card and YYYY are the last four digits of your bank account.
PIN 1234 5678 to 567676Example (Assuming last 4 digits of Debit Card are “1234” and Last 4 digits of bank account number are “5678”)
- Once you send this message on 567676 you will immediately receive SBI debit card green pin on your phone.
Using SBI Customer Care
You can also generate your SBI Green Pin by Calling SBI customer care office from your registered mobile number. SBI toll free customer support numbers are available 24×7 and you can anytime ask them for any help.
- Call SBI customer care at 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990.
- listen to the options carefully and proceed as IVR (Interactive Voice Response) assists you.
- Select your preferred language and proceed accordingly.
- Select “Generate Green Pin” option under Debit and Credit card related query.
- Enter last 4 digits of your debit card and Account number.
- You will receive your SBI Green Pin on your registered mobile number.
Using SBI ATM
This method will only work on any SBI ATM machine. To generate your Green pin using SBI ATM machine follow these easy steps.
- Insert your Debit Card in ATM.
- Select “Generate Pin” Option on the screen.
- Enter your 11 digit bank account number and press confirm button.
- Enter your 10 Digit registered mobile number and press confirm button.
- Your Green Pin will be shown on ATM screen and you will receive it on your phone as well.
Using SBI Net Banking
If you are an existing SBI Net Banking user then you can easily generate your Green Pin and activate your SBI debit card in no time. Follow these steps
- Login to your SBI Net Banking account.
- Select e-Services>ATM Card Services from the main menu.
- Select ATM PIN Generation option.
- choose either ‘Using one time password‘ or ‘Using profile password‘ option.
- Select your associated bank account and click on submit button.
- Select SBI Debit Card and click confirm.
- You will then be taken to ATM Pin Generation page. There you have to enter any two digits and click on submit button.
- You will then receive a message on your registered mobile number with two digits in it.
- Enter two digits that you entered on the previous screen and two digits that you received on your registered mobile number and click on submit button.
- You will get a notification that your ATM Pin has been changed successfully!
- You can now activate your card by performing your first transaction on ATM or by going e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card after Generating Green Pin?
The OTP/Green Pin that you received is used to activate your SBI Debit card and setting up a permanent PIN for it. To generate your ATM pin from SBI Green Pin follow the steps given below.
- Insert your card in SBI ATM
- Select ‘Banking‘ option on the screen.
- Choose your preferred language to understand instructions clearly.
- Use ‘Change Pin‘ option.
- Enter any 4 digit pin of your choice and press confirm button.
- Your pin is changed successfully.
No, Green Pin is only sent via message on your registered mobile number.
No. Green Pin can only be sent to your registered mobile number.
No, Your card is useless until you activate it using one of the methods given in this article.