Advancement is taking place in banking sectors due to the ever-growing technology. This has lead to a concern dealing with the safety of people’s money. According to the new rule of RBI, usage of only chip-based cards has become mandatory. Banks have been asked to replace the old magnetic stripe ATM cards.
Unlike magnetic stripe cards that require just a swipe on a point of sale (PoS) device to complete a transaction, chip and PIN cards require the same to complete a transaction. Thus providing an extra level of security.
Besides this, there are situations of loss or expiring of the current ATM card. In such cases, one needs to block the old SBI Debit/ATM card and apply for a new one.
In order to apply for a new SBI ATM card online. First make sure to block the old SBI Debit Card before applying for the new one. This can be done through several easy and convenient options. Tech advancements have introduced in banking services for the benefits and easy access of account holders.
- Type ‘BLOCK’ Last four digits of the ATM card number‘ and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- A confirmation SMS from the bank will be instantly sent to you about your request for blocking the ATM Card.
SBI provides specific options to select the particular type of ATM card as per your requirement. SBI dispatches the card through speed post. Once you apply for a new ATM Card, you will receive the courier details via SMS. The SMS contains the Speed Post number.
In order to track the SBI ATM Card Status
- Click on the Tools options from the menu tab.
- Scroll down and select option Track & trace
- Enter the Speed post number you had previously received through SMS in Consignment Number filed
- Enter the Captcha code for verification and click on the ‘Search’ button.
- The ATM Card delivery status will be displayed on your screen. It will show the current location of your package and the expected delivery status.
The new SBI Debit Card will get delivered within 7-10 working days. You can also get in touch with the nearest SBI branch for assistance in tracking your ATM card. Once the card is received, you need to activate it and generate a new PIN, in order to avail of its withdrawal and online transaction benefits using the new card.